New Year Map 2020
By Katelyn Neff
You can watch in real-time as the New year 2020 moves across the world map! By using the interactive map you can see where in the world moves into the New year first and last.
Legend: How to Use the New Year Map
- Hover your mouse over a city (red dot) to see the name of the city and country with current local time and when the city will enter the New Year.
- When you click on the city, you’ll be taken to a New Year Countdown for your chosen city.
- Type your city in the search field and press enter. An automatic countdown to the
- New Year will be generated for your city. This will be on a new page.
- Click on “Preview” to see what order time zones around the world enter the New Year.
- Hover your mouse over the map to highlight time zones.
(Doesn’t work in older versions of IE – IE8 and below.)
- Find the current time offset – displayed in whole hours only – from Coordinated
- Universal Time (UTC) at the bottom of the map. UTC offsets in diagonally striped areas are not by whole hours.
- The map shows current local times at all times and, therefore, changes appearance when areas switch between standard time and DST.